Bid Specifications for Rescue Squad Roof
The City of Childersburg will accept bids for the removal of existing metal roof, insulation, and gutter from Childersburg Rescue Building located at 118 6th Avenue SW, Childersburg, Alabama. Contractor will replace with new 3" insulation, 26 gauge PBR Galvalume, new eve flashing, closures, and gutter.
Bid will include all material and labor for removal and replacement of roof specified above.
Successful bidder must provide certificate of insurance, worker's compensation certificate and current business license.
Sealed bids will be opened at 2 p.m. at City Hall on September 30, 2016.
To visit site or obtain any additional information, please contact Mayor James Payne or Aimee Burnette at 256-378-5521.
- City Council, Ward A - Brandon Robinson
- City Council, Ward B - Run Off: Bill Moody and Michele Whisman
- City Council, Ward C - Angesa "Angie" Twymon
- City Council, Ward D - Run Off: William "Junior" Owings and T. Glenn Stubblefield
- City Council, Ward E - Michael McLain
- Mayor - Run Off: Pete Storey and Ken "Yank" Wesson
Childersburg, Oldest City in America...1540
Whether you are here to live, work, study or play, you will find a great sense of energy, enthusiasm and excitement in all aspects of the community. From residential to business development, you will discover that Childersburg is truly a community which is doing things.
A great spot to vacation.
- 570 miles of shore on two lakes, a sportsman's paradise for fishing and hunting.
- The heart of the greatest recreation area in the southwest.
- The Coosa River - third largest stream east of the Mississippi River.
- Desoto Caverns - first recorded cave in the United States. The onyx draperies are among the largest free hanging formations. They're over 30 feet long.
- Only 30 minutes south of Birmingham.
- The oldest settlement in the United States - precedes St. Augustine, Florida by 25 years - 1540